Sunday, June 17, 2012

Oxford Circus, Double Decker Buses, 2000 Year Old Walls, Pubs, and so much more!

Just so you all know jet lag sucks! I went to bed last night at 8:30pm but woke up at midnight and didn't go back to sleep until 2am...stupid time zones! But despite that the jet lag has finally wore off and I think I am back on a decent sleep schedule, well I guess if still being up at 1am is decent haha. Today we rode the tube for the first time it was interestingn; I didn't think I was ever going to be able to understand how to read and figure out how to get places. No worries though by the end of the day I think I have it figure out! The first thing we did today was have an ISA orientation and then took a double decker bus tour of London. In between the orientation and the tour we had an hour to explore Oxford Circus, which is like the main shopping area, it is almost like Times Square but with cooler old buildings. While walking around I fell like I should be in a movie or something, it is just awesome! We aren't suppose to look touristy but I feel like if I don't take a picture of everything no one will believe all the awesome things I saw! On the double decker bus tour we got to see the Buckingham Palace, The Tower of London, the London Bridge, A 2000 year old wall built by Romans. A major exciting thing we got to see was the Olympic Park! It was so cool! They actually build the venues and villages in the ghetto part of London so that way it will stimulate the broken economy. I never knew that but that is so cool that do that I'm sure it helps out so much! After ther tour we got to explore some more in Oxford Circus, we went to the m&m world shop that was pretty sweet! Then we wonder around and stumbled onto a very popular market, it was kind of like a farmers market in the states but not. I was so amazed by all the different people and cultures and activities there. It seemed like every corner we turned there was a free show whether it be music a mime or a juggler. I actually bought this really cool hand made leather journal there. It was one of my first times dealing with the British Pound it is so weird to do but I am getting the hang of it. After exploring we went to a pun were the program bought us free drinks. It was awesome to be legal and able to go up to the bar and order. Only thing I that we only had the choice of beer, hard cider, or wine I'm not a fan of any but I got white house wine it wasnt my thing I think I will just stick with fruity drinks haha. On the way home tonight we went through King's Cross Station and I got my picture taken at Platform 9 3/4! To bad Hogwarts isn't real! That's it for now, stayed tune for more adventures!

1 comment:

  1. You must have really been tired while writing this...lol. Glad you had an awesome day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete