Saturday, June 30, 2012

We conquered Ireland in thirty three hours!

Today we started out in Ireland but now I am back sleeping in my dorm room in London. Ireland was sooo awesome! I think I may like it a little bit better than London. We spent the day in Malahide which is a coastal town close to Dublin. The first thing we did was walk around the park that surrounded Malahide castle. It was so nice to get out the city and to a small town. We walked past a cricket game being played and I still have no clue how the game works. We couldn't get into the castle because it is under construction. But we did get to hike a little and while we were hiking it started to pour the rain. So I had to walk around Ireland with a British flag umbrella. Actually as we were walking two old men said we all need to have matching umbrellas because the ones we had were not Irish enough. They were funny and laughed at us for comeing to their little town as tourist haha after the park we had lunch. Also while walking through the park we saw lots of dogs and we got to pet most of them and talk a few minutes to their owners. We have decided that the people in Ireland are so much nicer than people in London. We weren't sure what we wanted so we just wondered around town until we decided on something. The town was just like I pictured an small town in Ireland to be like. It was so awesome! Then after lunch we went to the beach dispite the rain clouds. The beach was soo beautiful! It is hard to discribe in words how it was but it was so different than any beach in America. After the beach it was time to head back to the airport. It was so nice today to be able to just wonder around and stop when you felt like it compared to living in the big city of London. I have decided that I will never live in a big city haha. That's it for tonight I am exhausted from the awesome trip this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment