Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Class without a classroom

Today was the first day of real class if that's what you want to call the class i'm taking, it's more of a three week guided tour around London. Which is awesome! Today was also the first day I had to navigate the tube system (aka the subway) by myself, I did surprisely well I didnt get lost nor did I end up at the wrong tube station. I also had to navigate to the British museum to by my self and I made it just fine. The reason I had to navigate alone was because my class no longer meets at the campus like everyone else we meet at the museums. Today was the British Museum, it is a huge building and so pretty. My professor took us on a guided tour, we saw so many things: the Greek statues of gods and a few of their buildings, the Easter Island Statue, Mummies, and very early London artifacts. One thing that sticks out is we looked at a journal from 2000 years ago when the Romans were in London and at war, but instead of talking about the battles and such he talked about how the army had ran out of beer. I just found that funny he more worried about that then dying haha. After 'class' we booked our trip to Dublin for the second weekend we are here! We are going with these two other girls we have been hanging out with and it also turns out that they are going to Paris afterwards so we are going hangout there too. In the later afternoon we went to the National Portrait Museum in Trafalgar Square, it was pretty cool but it was huge building with A LOT of rooms but me and Sarah conquered it! After that we just sat in Trafalgar Square and watched it was cool to see all the different people. That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment